Round paver stones add a unique and playful touch to any outdoor space. They offer a departure from the traditional square or rectangular shapes, giving you more design flexibility and creating a softer, more natural feel. Here are some things to consider about round paver stones:
- Visual interest: Round shapes break up the monotony of straight lines and angles, adding visual interest and creating a more organic flow.
- Versatility: You can create a variety of patterns and designs with round pavers, from concentric circles to flowing pathways.
- Softness: Rounded edges provide a softer and more inviting feel compared to sharp corners, making them ideal for areas like playgrounds or around pools.
- Drainage: Some round paver designs have built-in gaps between the stones, allowing for better water drainage and preventing puddles.
Things to consider:
- Installation: While some round paver systems are interlocking, others require more precise placement and cutting, which can be more challenging for DIYers.
- Cost: Round pavers may be slightly more expensive than traditional square or rectangular pavers.
- Stability: Due to their circular shape, round pavers may be slightly less stable than square ones, especially in high-traffic areas.
- Limited options: The selection of materials and styles for round pavers might be smaller compared to traditional pavers.
- Patios and walkways: Round pavers add a unique charm to patios and walkways, particularly when combined with contrasting border stones or curved edges.
- Garden paths: Winding paths through your garden can be beautifully defined with round pavers, mimicking the natural shapes of plants and rocks.
- Pool surrounds: The soft edges of round pavers are perfect for poolside areas, creating a safer and more inviting atmosphere.
- Accent areas: Use round pavers to create decorative circles around trees, fire pits, or water features, adding a touch of whimsy to your landscape.
- Concrete: A durable and affordable option, available in various colors and textures.
- Natural stone: Offers a classic and elegant look, with options like granite, limestone, or sandstone.
- Brick: Adds a rustic charm to your space, ideal for patios or pathways with a vintage feel.
- Porcelain: Provides a sleek and modern look, with high resistance to staining and fading.